Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Things First

As a child, I knew that praying was important. I just didn’t know HOW important it was. Before I went to sleep, I prayed with my parents that my soul be kept through the night. In the morning, that prayer was answered and I thanked God for waking me up from my slumber. And then off to school I dashed.

Now that I am older, hopefully wiser, and in a close personal relationship with my Father through Christ, I truly understand that fervent and faithful prayer is crucial. It still excites me that I can start talking and He’s listening. It amazes me that God can hear all of His children at the same time!

In Psalm 5, a psalm of David, verse 3 gives very poignant prayer advice:

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait with expectation.

First things first, when your eyes open, you should speak to the Lord. Something as simple as “Good morning” or “Thank Ya!” will suffice. An attitude of gratitude is always welcomed in the Kingdom of God.

Further along in the psalm David states that he lays his requests before the Lord. I can also suppose that he prayed in faith because he waited with expectation that his prayers had been heard and acted upon immediately. There are instances in the Bible when people, Daniel for example, were praying and before they completed their prayer, there was an angel present to answer. Wouldn’t that be amazing to be in the midst of praying and your prayer was interrupted by manifestation!

Set the course of your day with prayer. Don’t be too much in a hurry in the morning to acknowledge God’s ever-powerful presence. Put first things first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!