Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let Me Do It!



Have you ever been in a situation when you thought, “If they’d just let me do it, it would work out better?” Welcome to the day in the life of our Almighty Father in Heaven. I can imagine as we walk on this earth making mistakes, doing things our way and suffering disappointment at our own hand, He looks with compassion hoping we would just “LET HIM DO IT!” His purpose and plan for our lives are so wonderful and beyond anything we could dream. As we focus on improving our relationship with the Lord, let’s prepare our hearts to humble ourselves and turn over complete control to our Father through His Son, Jesus Christ. That is a very selfless way to show thanks to Him who keeps us from falling.

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. (AMP)

Make a list of the aspects of life you have refused to let go, and then pray:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the plan you have for my life. I pray that you bless me with the strength I need to totally let go the reigns and let you “do it.” I know, Lord, that with YOU all things are possible and I need Your guidance today and everyday in all areas of my life. In Jesus’ precious, matchless Name I pray, Amen.

Devotional Reading: James 4:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!