Monday, April 16, 2012

Immediate Obedience




“Now, I can work!” I heard it so clearly. I had to make some hard, uncomfortable decisions in order to hear it. The Holy Spirit was guiding and leading me to do some things that I didn’t necessarily want to do. I prayed for direction, and my prayer was answered, but I wasn’t listening. I tried to scramble the voice by rationalizing in my head, but finally I gave in. God said clearly to me, “Now, I can work!”

I was standing in my closet, picking out my outfit, praising God for another day and bringing me through the night. Then, as clear as someone standing in front of me, I heard, “Now, I can work!” Not only had He given the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth, He also confirmed that my obedience had been of God. Then, I wondered if I had listened and immediately obeyed His directives weeks ago, where would I be right now? He was waiting on me to act.

So let me admonish you. When you have entered into a devoted relationship with our Almighty Father, please commit to immediate obedience. Only time will show what exactly He is working on in my life. I’m sure that it will add richness to our testimony and further strengthen our earthly ability to bear fruit for the Kingdom of God.

What is God telling you to do? With haste, DO IT!

Devotional Readings: Immediate obedience Genesis 22:1-3, 12-18

Delayed obedience Jonah 1:1-17, 3:1-3

Blatant disobedience Numbers 20:7-8, 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!