Monday, June 15, 2009

I Give Up

What will you give up TODAY for a closer relationship with Jesus? Think back on some things you have given up or currently giving up for a relationship with a man. I thought back on past unsuccessful relationships and if I had been guilty of this. Of course I was guilty. I have given up friends, certain types of clothes, and even my dignity. Dignity loss is disparaging and that can’t be love. You don’t realize that you’ve lost your dignity until it is gone. I recall one instance when I called around to find out where my boyfriend at-the-time was and got the true story. When he retuned home and called me, I asked him where he had been; he gave me a bogus story. Can you believe I “let” him lie to me to keep the peace (and in turn keep him)? Until a few hours later he called me back fussing about me calling around looking for him. He was angry with ME!

First of all, perfect love cast out all fear so I shouldn’t have called around, but I wasn’t in right relationship with the Lord or in the Word so I didn’t know that truth. (I John 4:18) Secondly, I should not have let him lie to me, but I did not want him to leave me. The enemy had compromised my confidence with fear. I should have confronted the deception. Lastly, but most importantly, I should have cared more about myself than to be in that unhealthy relationship! God loves me and I should have loved myself enough to realize I was living below my privilege. I’m a daughter of the King!

Now that my relationship with Christ is my priority, I have given up all of my past baggage and in return I have fullness of joy. In the past, I gave up things and in return I felt less than a woman. Oh, what a wonderful testimony it is to “give up” things and gain heaven on earth and unshakable certainty that you have the victory in the name of Jesus. What will you give up to get to your destiny?
Devotional Reading: I John 4:7-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!