Friday, July 17, 2009

Accept It With Contentment Rather Than Resentment

Accept It With Contentment Rather Than Resentment

We often find ourselves in interesting positions. We tell ourselves we are not going down a certain path, and lo and behold, we begin to inch that way without really much thought. It’s not necessarily always sin, but it can be behavior or acquaintances that may lead to sin. If you are connected to Jesus and He is the Lord of your life, He will step in and give you the strength to resist further travel down a detour from the street called Purpose.

I found myself being inched into a situation that could lead to sin recently. I talked to myself and assured God that I was not going to even look at that road, but how our minds deceive us! Amazingly, because that is how God does things, He gave me a reality check. Had it been a few months ago, I would have been angry with God, asking Him why, and having a pity party. But, He has allowed certain events to mature me to a point where I can be content with His loving rebuke and kind steering.


Please accept God’s direction and correction with contentment and not resentment. He wants the best for you and if you just endure, He will give you more than you could have ever imagined. Don’t let the enemy nudge you into “almost sinning.” It’s so easy to think that we can do this on our own when we are walking boldly with Christ, but you must never let your guard down! If this were not a battle, we wouldn’t have to put on the whole armor of God! Let God love you with His perfect love, and you will see the glory that He wants to bring upon you.

Devotional Reading: 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 (say it as a prayer for yourself and others)
2 Samuel 12:13-25 (The story of the aftermath of David’s
adulterous affair. He pleaded with God, but after his child
died, he continued to serve God mightily without
resentment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!