Friday, July 31, 2009

Spiritual InventoryI: Things Not To Do List

I am walking an interesting course in my life right now. I love God and trust Him more and more every minute of every day. I see manifestation of the blessing that is on my life and on my house of worship. There are things, however, that look like they are going in a different direction from what His mighty word promises. I know that the enemy wants me to lose hope, but I refuse. What do you do when you prosperous in some areas and in other areas it’s stagnant or taking a turn for the worst?” Through many sermons, I have come up with my strategy: Spiritual Inventory.

God led me to Galatians 5:19-21 which is the ultimate checklist of what not to do as a child of the The Most High God. We are children of God, and we should not embarrass the name of the Lord!

“Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.”- John 1:12-13

So, I started at the top of the list to determine if there are any areas that need to be addressed with repentance, prayer, fasting, etc. Do your own inventory. You don’t want anything to hinder the growth of your relationship with Him, which will lead to prosperous relationships in your natural life. Let today be the beginning of becoming more like the awesome, daughter of the King you were fearfully and wonderfully made to be! Work on your shortcomings in the natural and the Lord will send His Super and a miracle is inevitable!

I love the way The Message translation makes it so relevant, and convicting. Let’s fix God’s temples, inside and out: It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on. This isn't the first time I have warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God's kingdom. -Galatians 19-21 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!