Monday, July 13, 2009

Don't You Judge Me!

Don’t You Judge Me!

In a conversation I was having with a friend who hungers for the word, yet “isn’t ready” to commit fully, he accused me of judging his other friends who are living in sin. In context he was explaining how they encouraged him to do some sinful things just the night before. I just made him aware that because they are living in sin, they condone sin. I used to do the same thing, when I wasn’t where I was supposed to be in Christ. I would tell of my exploits and highlight this behavior as fun or “the time of my life.” We’ve all been or are still in a place where sinful behavior could be looked upon as “good times.” Little do we know, that we are promoting wrong behavior.

So, he said I was judging his friends. I immediately retorted, “No, judging would have been to say, ‘They’re going straight to hell for their perverse crass behavior.’ God loves them and would pleased for them to repent and turn to Him!” Then I said something that drove it home to him and I hope it drives it home to you as well. “Would you consider it judgment if I told you not to go down a ONE WAY street the wrong way? Would you say, ‘DON’T YOU JUDGE ME!’ in response?” There was silence and then it was made clear that judgment is when you attempt to determine someone’s destiny by their right now, but love is when you let someone know that their right now may hinder them from their destiny. If you drive down this one way street, there are consequences that may occur, but you have the God-given choice to turn around.

Share that with someone who needs to hear that today (including yourself). I love the Lord and all that He is in my life. He has turned me from my mess. Had not someone told me that I was in mess, I would have not been in position to be blessed. The word of God shows you, your church, good friends, and most importantly the Holy Spirit will illuminate your sin and you can choose to repent and change or stick with it to an uncertain end. YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Devotional Reading: Luke 6:37, 17:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this devotional touched you? Let me know about it. Pass it on to someone else. I am here for you! God is here for you!